The Secret Year

The Secret Year - Jennifer R.  Hubbard Colt was with julia for a year, but nobody else knew about it. Julia lived on Black Mountain Road in a mansion with servents and had a country club boyfriend to compleat the package. Colt definitely didn't come from Black Mountain, and no one would have understood why they were togeather. But it never mattered to them. Untill Julia dies in a accident right before her senior year, and Colt is suddenly the only one who knows their secret. He tries to pretend that his life is the same as ever, but he's haunted by memories of Julia. Things get worse after the journal she kept about their romance falls into his hands. Colt searches every entry for answers: Did Julia really love him? Was he somehow to blame for her death? But the ultimate question one nobody can answer is how he's supposed to get over someone who was never really his to begin with.

My take on the story:

I really loved this book. It took me back to high school when we had the cool kids and the not so cool kids. This thing between Julia and Colt happens all the time. But it's to bad that Colt had to put up with what Julia said to him or did to him. If I were Colt I would have told her to go fly a kite. LOL But as you read this book you will see how much of a hold Julia has on him and how much Clot loved Julia. Everyone should take the time to read this one. It's a fast read and I hope you will love it as much as I did.